No one in their right mind loves burning up in the summer, especially in the hot, humid Florida summers. Whether you’re buckling down for next summer’s heat or getting some preliminaries out of the way, you might have a few questions about AC installation, and you’re not alone.
AC Installs: FAQ’s
It is perfectly normal to have questions when you are diving into a project as daunting as replacing your air conditioner, or installing a brand new one for the first time. If your question isn’t answered here, be sure to write it down so you can ask one of the great AC companies in Tampa if you choose to have them out for an estimate.
How Can I Make Sure My AC Lasts Awhile?
Naturally, you’re going to want your air conditioner to last you as long as possible after spending a bunch of cash on an installation. Here are a few things you can do to make sure your AC serves you reliably for years to come:
· Keep debris and leaves away from your unit.
· Utilize programmable thermostats to cut down on usage when you don’t need it.
· Make sure you don’t block ductwork and air grills with furniture or other things.
What Can I Do to Cut Down on Energy Costs?
People everywhere want to do whatever they can to save a little bit of money. If you want to cut down on energy costs with your new unit, there are a few easy steps you can follow.
· Choose a system with an Energy Star label.
· Clean up your system and have it tuned to cut down on its workload.
· Find a “high efficiency” AC unit. You’d be surprised at how quick they pay themselves off.
When Should I Have My AC Serviced?
Depending on the age of your AC unit, you want to have it serviced at least once a year. You can also have it inspected up to four times in a year if necessary. Depending on several factors related to your system, your specialist can come up with a service plan that will be agreeable with your budget.